Updated: Jun 24, 2020
Father's day is coming up and I wanted the girls to be able to give their dad something special since he is "the best dad ever!". My daughters are 1000% daddy's girls! The interesting thing is that as they grow, I see a lot of me in them and remember how much I idolized my dad as a child. I guess it is true what they say about girls and their dads.
This was a quick DIY project that took less than 30-minutes to make. And that includes the time spent waiting for the paint to dry.
- I got the wood frame from Michaels for $8 (pack of 3)
- White paint (I already had some at home)
- Paint brush (also had this at home)
- Scrabble tiles (I purchased it from Amazon for a little over $5)
- Miniature lego superheros (I purchased this from Etsy for a little over $12)
- Modge podge (I already had this at home)
- 3 q-tips to use for applying glue
Paint frame with desired color. I wanted everything to pop so I chose white. You can choose whatever color you want. I only used one layer of paint. It was dry in less than 5 minutes.
Arrange tiles based on how you want it on the frame. Ensure it will all fit.
Using q-tip, apply to glue to the back of the tiles and place them where you want them on the frame.
Assemble superheroes. Ours came in a pre-packaged bag (one bag per hero). This is a great activity to do with the kids.
Glue the superheros to the frame. Allow it to dry and, voila! You're done!!!
A super special gift for dad. One he can proudly display at work.